Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I am a person. I won't allow how I feel to be predetermined by how a political party feels - Posted by YJ Draiman


I am a person.

I won't allow how I feel to be predetermined by how a political party feels.

George Washington ended his farewell address with, "The name of American, which belongs to you, in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of patriotism more than any appellation derived from local distinctions." Washington foresaw the destruction of a nation that could be undone by one of two things: political parties that split the nation, or terrorism. He knew that the will of nation could easily be overturned by the will of a party. Washington told the people that unity would provide them with "greater strength, greater resources and greater security from danger".
George Washington, one of our nation's Founding Fathers, warned against having political parties. What did America do? They did it anyway.
So now I'm following the advice of an influential forefather and refusing to be defined by a political party. I am not a democrat. I am not a republican. I am not an elephant, nor a donkey. I am not left-wing. I am not a right-wing. I am a person.
Once we define ourselves by political parties, we divide the nation. Continuing to divide the nation will not solve the same problems it created. In order to solve the problems that have been plaguing America for years, we have to try a solution we have never tried before - unity.
We've stood with Paris, with Liberia, with other nations in distress, but we have forgotten to stand with America.
Unity is not everyone feeling the same way about abortion, gay marriage and guns. It is standing together and respecting differences in opinions. It is compromising. It is the halt of attacks on political parties.
"Republicans are destroying America."
No more.
"Democrats are destroying America."
No more.
No more political based hate.
We all want the same thing. We want a better world for our family, our friends and our children.
You want hungry children to get fed. You want homeless animals to find homes. You want more affordable college for your children. You want the burden of the national debt to go away. You want lower taxes and a higher pay check. You want a phenomenal economy, versus the inflated one. You want to ensure that your son or daughter who is fighting for freedom gets home safe.
We all want the same things.
You will never live united with people you call "radicals," "extremists," "morons," "lunatics" and "fools." Stop viewing people as Democrats and Republicans. Start viewing them as people who want to make the world better, just like you.
When I vote I choose a candidate who agrees with my morals and my heart, not my party.



Every candidate should be asked!
How much of your soul and integrity are you willing to sell to get elected to a high public office?

Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have … The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases.


In order to change direction, we must change the leaders and their staff

No comments:

Post a Comment